¤  PaulzyBlog
¤  Photillium Media Gallery
¤  .netBoard! Forum Index
¤  View posts since last visit
¤  View your posts
¤  View unanswered posts
.netBoard!

Home|Blog|Gallery
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issued resolved...finally!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Open Discussion for Dreamcast View previous topic :: View next topic  
Issued resolved...finally!
paulzy

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Issued resolved...finally! Reply with quote

I now know what was causing the rebooting. Back when I wrote this post, recall it occured in September about 6 mos. after I got the Dreamcast and the PAL/e PSOv2 off eBay. Well, I recalled reading that placing certain, unofficial third party controllers can cause issues with the Dreamcast, like this peice of shit. This Performance controller was apart of a Dreamcast eBay auction (which included two VMUs (a standard one and 4x), a burned copy of PowerStone, and two controllers (one standard and this piece of crap Performance controller.

When I play this PAL/e version of PSOv2 I have to use my GameShark CDX in order to play it. At first I put the CDX into the main controller that I used. But I downloaded some offline quests and placed that VMU in the second slot of my main controller. I put the CDX into the Performance controller's second slot and plugged that into ports C and then switched to B when I read that some non-Sega controllers have issues with port C and D. This was september when I started using this setup, and it was then the rebooting started.

I have taken that controller out and put in storage, and now since I don't play those offline quests as often, I put the CDX back in the main controller. I am online now and so far I have not reset. So, it looks like it has been fixed.
I am now sure that controller ws the issue, because it ONLY started in September when I started using for my CDX.

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
paulzy

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh...

Whenever I put in my CDX, it resets as soon as I turn on the DC. Keep in mind that this is the used DC that I bought. So it's understandable why it would do these things.

I read on the Dreamcast.onlineconsoles site that it may be my 2nd DC is getting too hot. I saw a pic of how one guy put a bunch of holes in the side of his DC to solve this issue that he had.

We'll see.

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
paulzy

PostPosted: Nov 20, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Well, I'll stop using it for now... Reply with quote

I got an extra VMU, two extra controllers, andothe 4X VMU, and Powerstone (albiet a burned copy), but the Dreamcast unit itself, is very used. Of course, it could have been caused by me staying online with it all the time. But, if that Cacao guy did it then why not me.

Maybe, the previous owner of this unit just played it more. He did have a lot of burned games. Anywa, I guess I'll have to put hols in the side of it like the guy on the Onlineconsoles website said. Oh well, at least I plyed PSO online again for about 7 months. And got my chararcter to level 46, completed Normal Mode, and beat Dark falz in All Modes online, except ultimate. I really wanted to get online with Ultimate.

sigh..
Since my second hand DC is rebooting becasue of that hot wire thingie. So, until i get something to drill the holes into it to relive it of the over heating. This is a pic of someelses DC with the holes in it.

smile.....anyway!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Open Discussion for Dreamcast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: