¤  PaulzyBlog
¤  Photillium Media Gallery
¤  .netBoard! Forum Index
¤  View posts since last visit
¤  View your posts
¤  View unanswered posts
.netBoard!

Home|Blog|Gallery
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iClone 4 Standard: Welcome to the wasteland...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Technology View previous topic :: View next topic  
iClone 4 Standard: Welcome to the wasteland...
paulzy

PostPosted: Jan 22, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: iClone 4 Standard: Welcome to the wasteland... Reply with quote

I bought iClone 4 Standard. Crying or Very sad sigh...I wasted 90$ in credit card debt, but looking at it from another perspective..well..read on.
This is a message I sent another user. hehheh Reallusion...how about Realdelus...never mind..

Quote:

afterThought (1/21/2010)[hr]Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Sad

No, you were IMMENSELY helpful. More so than anyone on the forums, I haven't checked back yet, but after two days no one seemed to care to respond, not even anyone from Reallusion. SUPER Sad

Quote:

afterThought (1/21/2010)[hr]
The only thing I can think of to help is that you animate your scene first and then move the camera to an angle you want and export just that portion of the timeline that you want at that angle. Do it for all the instances that you want to shoot for that angle, then move the camera to a new angle and export all the portions for that angle. Then just stitch them back together in a video editor -

THIS is precisely what I was avoiding. (Well not entirely, I had planned on using an NLE to tweak, tune and put a professional production face on any iC4 movie I made.) I use Sony Vegas pro 9.0c, and the thought of exporting -- well I bought iC4 based on this Digital Juice promo by D. Eric Franks. I was really sold on the Virtual Studio, which I knew could use for movies I intend on making with my Star Wars action figures. And seeing all the set design possibilities..well, the 90$ price tag for iC4 STD+Motion Montage+Virtual Studio was a good deal. Period.

What angered me is finding out that I can't really DO anything in iC4 STD. So at work the last 2 days I realized that the FIRST THREE SCENES (I used CelTx to both script and storyboard the first two episodes, great OpenSource software - highly recommend it Very Happy (y)) alone have 38 shots. That's 38 exports from iClone STD!! That's stupid!
And Reallusion should be ashamed. iC4 isn't worth what they're asking for. 'cuz you basically can only create SINGLE SHOTs.

I get The Advanced Timeine being special and all, but, seriously both versions should have included camera switching! Period. It was a stupid greedy decision. Make them pay 150-230$ for Standard, then ask 100-200$ more to upgrade when they find they can't do anything with it - HAHA HAH AHAH AHAH AHAA! Why even have a Standard version at all?!?

Yes, I read the version matrix, but the version matrix mentions nothing about camera switch being exclusive to the Pro version.
sigh... I'll rant this on the forum..sorry for venting, dude.

I realize that when real writer/producers/directors are making movies, they often use one camera on the set to take many shots. Unless they have a big budge5t for multiple cams. Well it seems I may have to make my iClone movies the Low Budget way - with ONE camera (well as many cameras as I can have, I'll just have to export each shot from each cam..ugh...stupid Reallusion. VERY BIG Sad

I paid 90$ in credit card debt for this. I guess I deserve it for buying this on such a whim...alright, thanks man..peace.

Paul

PS: I actually have and had been reading the PDF Manual for iC4 STD, thanks. (It also mentions nothing about camera switching, but then again it's a pretty weak manual, as manuals go.

I want to enjoy this product, but given everything I've found out thus far, even Reallusion admits the product is useless. Which is why they do not have any tutorials on creating movies with Standard, only Pro. Becaue you can't create a complete movie from within iClone Standard. This is why MachStudio Pro cost 4000-5000$. They don't play. They mean business. I'de give to them, exceot i don't happen to have 5k. Confused

And yes the iClone Standard manual leaves much to be desired. While is has screenshots, it's not very informative, and offers no tutorial or even any in depth instruction on how to create an iClone movie from start to finish. Oh, and be prepared to spend hundreds of dollars of the "contents". Unless you go to sites that sell them cheaper. Evil or Very Mad

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nb_admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: iClone 4 Standard: Welcome to the wasteland... Reply with quote

paulzy wrote:

This is why MachStudio Pro cost 4000-5000$. They don't play. They mean business. I'de give to them, exceot i don't happen to have 5k. Confused

I have found out a loooong time ago after this post that MachStudio is NOT a 3D movie maker but rather a post rendering application. The price was more for the included video card. I found this out when I attended an online video seminar, of which I was the only attendee.

Impressive application, but not what I thought it was.

.netBoard Administration

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Technology All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: