¤  PaulzyBlog
¤  Photillium Media Gallery
¤  .netBoard! Forum Index
¤  View posts since last visit
¤  View your posts
¤  View unanswered posts
.netBoard!

Home|Blog|Gallery
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWG New Game Enhancements (NGE) OR The 20$ "SWG Starter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Star Wars Galaxies View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWG New Game Enhancements (NGE) OR The 20$ "SWG Starter
paulzy

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: SWG New Game Enhancements (NGE) OR The 20$ "SWG Starter Reply with quote

The New Game Enhancements - NGE.
Or the 20$ "Star Wars Galaxies Starter Kit"

It changes the way you play SWG completely. Granted you need to know that I am no longer playing this crappy game, but have read about this NGE thing. Which I seem to recall hearing about back in 2005 when it first came up. Well, I was not surprised.

sigh....

I saw this Starter kit on the shelf last year, but didn't think anything of it. Because I knew it was crap. They got rid of many of the profession and now they are only 9 to choose from. (They even call Lando's profession a Trader..get it? Traitor?) I read the box and was amused. It's still there on the shelf next to the a bigger box with all the games and thier expanions called The SWG Experience.

This game is going down in flames. But like EverQuest will keep it's loyal ashhole fans , as long as they continue to give them what they want...crap.

sigh...

The best fun I had in SWG was in May of 2003. I was in Beta, Phase 3.
Then in June they released the game, much to everyones disapproval. But SOE/LlucasArts was afraid of World Of WarCraft, very afraid. And of EverQuest 2 , as well. They needed to get SWG out the door as soon as possible.

Players complained about not being a Jedi out the box, so by Xmas 2003 SOE/LA gave them Jedi...by way of the Holocron Cubes. You had to go through various professions to become a Jedi. Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

Then the Droid and Pet Upgrade. Which made impossible for players who were not Creature Handlkers to own pets that wre not given to them by a CH. And droids were made useless. My R2-Z2 wasn't the same anymore.

I officially cancelled my account in March of 2005. However, in March 2005, but I came back for one month to see what the Combat Upgrade was about.

I was horrified.

They introduced something called Combat levels. It's just character experience levels. Mine was 10. SWG promised a game WITHOUT the tedium of "levels". sigh...

And now this -- the Starter Kit/Experince mess. ...sigh...this was a really great game back in 2003. Sure, it had problems. But, SOE/LA got arrogant and greedy. And now you have this crap. I admit reading about the new tutorial is really neat. But the loss of so much...I was really upset to see that I lost a lot of progress in July of 2005. And that I had to "Respec" my character. It was silly. I still had my ships and stuff, but my GOD!

I now learned that those who bought the Obi Wan Trials were shot in the back, and that SOE/LA is giving refunds on that expansion pack (EP). The EP contained content that required professions that are no longer apart of the "new" game. So "Trials" was rendered useless.

And now this Starter Kit. SWG needs to be ZAPped by that Zapper in GU Comics. I do not feel sorry anyone still paying SOE/LA money for this crap.

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
paulzy

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It bares mentioning that SOE/LucasArts DID NOT issue refunds for the Obi-Wan Trials EP. The shareholders would not allow it.

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Star Wars Galaxies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: