¤  PaulzyBlog
¤  Photillium Media Gallery
¤  .netBoard! Forum Index
¤  View posts since last visit
¤  View your posts
¤  View unanswered posts
.netBoard!

Home|Blog|Gallery
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PJCI is no more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Information View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJCI is no more
nb_admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Dec 25, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: PJCI is no more Reply with quote

the storm finally hit

Well, it finally happened. AvidHosting my web hosting provider and registrar for my domain: pjci.net has went belly up. No notice, no warning, except the inaccessibility. Now the site has a form to fill out to release and transfer domains it has in it's possession.

My databases went to shit on the 19th, but obviously since I was able to use the blog they were up by the end of the week. In fact, the last time I was able to access the site was during the last two weeks of November. The last e-mail I got was on 11/21 and the last blog entry is 11/22. That Friday (the 23rd) everything went to shit.

But, Friday was the last time I was able to get a hold of my main page at least see it briefly, until I got permanent "Page not found" errors. I learned back in September that this company may have been in trouble, but I didn't do anything about it. So it finally came to head on Dec. 1 or 2nd when i decided it was time to move on and not wait until the 6th (when my bill was due for payment for AvidHosting) . Since my account was paid up I went with HostMonster.

So now I researched and found HostMonster. they had a package similar but better than AvidHosting. But, until I get the domain parked into my new host I really can't do anything. The worst is all the data on the servers: ARE GONE. BUT the great news is: I always kept redundant mirror copies of my site on my computer. This is why using Dreamweaver is so great.

So I'll need to do few changes to the site when i get my domain transferred. I went to eNom Inc and they said to send them an e-mail with proof of ownership and an ID. So I called to day to follow up and they said that AvidHost has a form on their site for the same thing. Now I just have to wait for the EPP code to transfer my domain to HostMonster.

The only issue are the databases. I had some trouble restoring one of them because of the domain ownership issue. But since the new Control Panel has updated versions of all the software i use (phpBB, Coppermine, & b2Evolution) I just need to update the config file with the new Database, one I figure what that is after I get the domain back.

So I'm off and that it - gone, but not forgotten. But, since this is a ghost site - does it really matter?

UPDATE: December 13, 2007 02:15 PM PST

I am not getting my pjci.net domain back anytime soon, so in the meantime I just got a new domain with GoDaddy - paulchatman.com. Uhm, that's where you're at right now, duh.

New domains for the forums, blog , and gallery:

.netBoard! Message Forum
forum.paulchatman.com

PaulzyBlog
blog.paulchatman.com

Photillium Media Gallery
gallery.paulchatman.com

.netBoard Administration

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
nb_admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: May 30, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Pretty obvious now.... Reply with quote

But those URLS are old. Everything is now www.pjcii.net as mentioned in the blog.

.netBoard Administration

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Information All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: