¤  PaulzyBlog
¤  Photillium Media Gallery
¤  .netBoard! Forum Index
¤  View posts since last visit
¤  View your posts
¤  View unanswered posts
.netBoard!

Home|Blog|Gallery
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phantasy Star Online: Worldwide shutdown - March 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Role Playing: Sci-Fi View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantasy Star Online: Worldwide shutdown - March 2007
paulzy

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Phantasy Star Online: Worldwide shutdown - March 2007 Reply with quote

It seems like a joke, but it also seemed to be inevitible. The complete shut down of PSO. The first online sci-fi role playing game for consoles. Now the genre is inundated with war games. PSO will remain the lats really fun online SFRPG.

On April 1st, 2007, Sonic Team will officially be shutting down the Dreamcast and Gamecube PSO servers. You will ba able to play for FREE starting March 1st, 2007 through April 1st. Sonic Team annonced that the Hunter's Loiscensew will taken away for this to be in effect, however the 30 day HL will still available until January 29th.

Here are the game efected by this:

Sega Dreamcast
  • PSO Version 1
  • PSO Version 2

Nintendo Gamecube
  • PSO Episode 1&2
  • PSO Episode 1&2 Plus
  • PSO Episode 3

Of course, the XBox/PC Versions will remain in operation for the forseeable future.

Now the fact that it's APRIL 1ST has me wondering if it's a joke. But, we'll see. Suffice to say I may not be joining in. because last night was, perhaps the last time I was able to get online was last night. I played PSO with Uranium-235. My DC (the one i got off ebay) reset again. And when i just had it on at the BIOS screen looking at VMUs ...sigh..ulp....hold on sec.....ahem.......it just..t.u.r.n.e.d. o.f.f.
Sad Sad Sad

I pressed the button. Nothing. Again. nothing. So the power died. So, since this was the only DC I had for playing PAL/e PSO...it's over for Sire Doime 2. So this news me hardest. since now I can't even play at all.
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I left it off for a half hour. Turned it back on.....it worked..except, now the light is very dim, and pulsing. So...sigh.... I may not be playing PSO for awhile, or at least to see if my file is still intact after being booted/reset.

Well, at least i played for 46 levels and had fun. I really did have fun. I even thought about getting a gamecube to keep playing it. But alas, that will not be. sigh..... Oh, well like it was said, i knew it would happen, but i just never really set my mind for it. Of course, this is just more bad news for me. I just shutdown my Athlon 2800+ last night. Then I come home from work tonight, and it didn't start. the power supply died it seemed. LOL LOL..So I'm using my first PC (a P3 600 mhz), and my 1st Dreamcast! I'm back to my firsts! LOL LOL LOL ahhuhhh..oh, well...

Last edited by paulzy on Dec 12, 2006 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nb_admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Dec 12, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some really great times online onboard the Carme, Himalia, and Ganymede. All JP ships of course; we KNOW what the US ships were like. I'll never forget my first time being PK'd. And when the lobby went all crazy and my DC rebooted.

No, I won't miss that. But, I had a great time playing on the PAL servers. I'll just keep playing until the end. There's more than enough time to get from 46 to 80 to play on ultimate mode. Yes, this was really the best game to play online. Now, it's just all war games and sports games that are online. sigh...the true end of an a true era.

.netBoard Administration

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
paulzy

PostPosted: Dec 15, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: My new movie Reply with quote

I made amovie about my time playing PSO. I will upload to Photillium as soon as I finish editing the screenshots. Plus,Ii will also put it on ]YouTube.com.

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nb_admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Dec 27, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: My Tribute Movie for Phantasy Star Online Reply with quote

Here is my Tribute Movie [11:10]

YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOaBB7Dv2SY
PJCI URL: http://pjci.net/Personal/movies/PSO_Tribute_2.1mbps.wmv

.netBoard Administration

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Role Playing: Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: