¤  PaulzyBlog
¤  Photillium Media Gallery
¤  .netBoard! Forum Index
¤  View posts since last visit
¤  View your posts
¤  View unanswered posts
.netBoard!

Home|Blog|Gallery
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dreamcast BBA (Braodband Adpater) with a DLink Router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Open Discussion for Dreamcast View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamcast BBA (Braodband Adpater) with a DLink Router
paulzy

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Dreamcast BBA (Braodband Adpater) with a DLink Router Reply with quote

After five years I finally figure out how to get my Dreamcast online successfully qith DSL using Phantasy Star Online (NTSC version). Well, not exactly five years, I mean i did get online with it last year for Unreal Tournament. But by then noone was playing and moved on. Right now I finally got it connect with phantasy Star Online v.2 -- but of course no server to connect to. sigh..If I only had a PAL copy of PSO.

But nobody going to sell theirs. Oh well.

The trick to getting the Dreamcast to use DSL and a router (D-Link I-604e in my case) was to NOT set the IP Address and DNS IPs; set those all to 0.0.0.0 -- ONLY the Gateway gets set to the gateway used by your ISP OR the gateway used by The DSL Router. The Subnet mask stays 255.255.255.0.

There you have it, after 5 years -- big fucking deal-ee-o!

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
paulzy

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: I lied Reply with quote

I actually DO recall playin PSO once with my BBA. But, I elive it was only one, eause soon therafter my 3 month subscription ran out, and noone was willin to play with anyone from the US.

So that was that.

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gadmin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how I connected my Dreamcast to my ZyXEL DSL Modem / D-Link DI-104 DSL Router to share a DSL connection with my two PCs and PS2.
The Dreamcast and PS2 share the same cable for now. When I get another CAT 5e or CAT6 cable, then they both will have thier own.

Link #1 : The CAT 5e cable connected to the Dreamcast Broadband Adapter
Link #2 : The cables connected to their various ports: PC1 on port 1, the Dreamcast/PS2 on 2, PC 2 on 3, and the 4th is empty - for now.
Link #3 : The lights for each DSL connection.

So I just connected my router to my DSL modem and each cable connected to each machine into the router.
It works for me, it should work for you, if I understand your question correctly. The Dreamcast DSL connection was used briefly before the USA PSO servers were shut down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Open Discussion for Dreamcast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: