¤  PaulzyBlog
¤  Photillium Media Gallery
¤  .netBoard! Forum Index
¤  View posts since last visit
¤  View your posts
¤  View unanswered posts
.netBoard!

Home|Blog|Gallery
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another complaint letter: The Cycle of ignorance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Matters of Race View previous topic :: View next topic  
Another complaint letter: The Cycle of ignorance
paulzy

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Another complaint letter: The Cycle of ignorance Reply with quote

This just happened to me today, well yesterday. It's 12:35 am now. It is a sad testament of the blatant ignorance and unwillingness of the white races to respect us (African Americans) as a people and not choose to continue the cycle of hatred, bigotry and racism that plagues this world today -- in the 21st century yet!

Here is a letter that i wroite and sent to OfficeMAX Corprate offices today:

Paul James Chatman (very angrily) wrote:

Monday, January 24, 2005
Office MAX Corporate Offices
150 E. Pierce Rd.
Itasca, IL 60143
http://www.officemax.com

On January 24th, 2005 (about 1pm) I was on my lunch break from work and I wanted to use my 10$ discount card that I received in the mail. The store I went to is on 721 East Colorado Blvd. In Pasadena, California (Store #868). As soon as I entered the store entrance I noticed a Filipino male2 employee walk passed me. We exchanged eye contact briefly. I ignored him and continued to the wall displaying various cables and adapters. Then suddenly the Filipino employee was behind me and asked me if I need help. He was wearing a walking talking system. I recall feeling awkward that he had followed me all the way from the entrance to the display wall.

I was shaken by his sudden appearance at my side, that I couldn't answer the question right away. I felt that he only followed me because he believes that African American People are thieves. I was wearing my work uniform (I work at the Target across the street) and yet they still treated me like a criminal. It isn't fair that I should be treated this way on account of my skin color. This Filipino male employee ought to be ashamed. I finally asked him if they carried PS2-to-USB adapters. He said "No" and said I should have gone to Best Buy or "a computer store". For the record I did not like his tone and it felt like he was assuming I was too stupid to know where to buy adapters.

I then asked him where the printer cartridges were, and he told me in Aisle One. As I walked over there I noticed that he switched his radio on and spoke into to the radio and said, "He's coming over there [to Aisle One]". When I got to the printer Aisle there was a tall, big Hispanic man 'waiting' for me. He looked me up and down, did not smile, and asked if I needed help. I said "No". The Hispanic male employee kept standing by me flanking me on my right side. He then asked me if I knew the cartridge number, I said, "Yes", I was very annoyed , humiliated, and angry. Once I located the cartridge, I left for the register. As I walking I glanced over and saw that they were both (the Filipino and Hispanic male employees) watching me as I walked over to the counter.

I NEVER FELT SO HUMILIATED AND ANGRY WHILE SHOPPING IN A STORE. In fact, I'm sick of feeling that in any store! This derogatory for of customer service/shopping experience is called "following and flanking". Whereupon an employee, noticing a African American customer, follows them aorund the store and then flanks them on the right or left side, by about a meter and a half, for the duration of their visit. This discriminatory behavior is unacceptable! The problem is that companies like yours don't care about these "race-card complaints". Well, you lost a customer! Not a big deal to you? Well I'll place this experience on my web site then I'll post on activist sites and everywhere else I can think of. If there are other African American people being "followed and flanked" in stores then they have one more store not to shop at --- OfficeMAX and OffuceMAX.com!

Very angry and humiliatedingly,

Paul James Chatman

smile.....anyway!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    .netBoard! Forum Index -> Matters of Race All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: